Last day of Contiki :(


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
August 22nd 2006
Published: August 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi all,

Just a short note today. I have made it to the end of the Contiki tour. We have a final dinner tonight and cruise along the canals and then a drive back to London tomorrow.

Had a busy day yesterday getting to Amsterdam. We stopped in Edam and rode some Granny bikes around, saw cheese and clogs demonstration and also went to a diamond cutting factory.

Amsterdam is a crazy place, the night life is busy and seriously eye opening. Went out on the town last night, quite easy to find ways around. Enjoyed some of the local culture with the group.

Today went on paddle (bike) boats along the canals and then to Anne Frank's house. Have definately learned alot more about the world wars since being over here and looking around.

Have talked to Hannah and am all sorted for the Manchester part of the trip, then onto Ireland. Getting excited about that part now. Will be a sad day tomorrow saying goodbye to everyone but that is all part of it.

Not a lot else to add, will keep you posted about the rest of the trip.

Bye for now .

Advertisement



Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0711s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb