Amsterdam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
June 10th 2006
Published: September 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So....we decided to stop being lazy and send everyone some news,after all you haven't heard from us for quite a while now.
We said we were going to Amsterdam and we did. They were an awsome four days, we had a great time.
It was the first week of the World Cup and there was a really good atmosphere. People that couldn't afford going to Germany, for some reason decided to go to Amsterdam to watch the games.
We watched the first Australian game over there and it was the best, mostly after they scored three gols in the last 10 min - so we had one more reason to celebrate, other than being on holidays and the weather being perfect.
We rented bikes trying to integrate into the local culture, but riding a back brake bike proved to be quite a challenge for me. I almost ran over a few people and came dangerously close to getting run over by some cars. The next day I gave up and decided to pay a bit more money but have a normal bike, with good old hand brakes. That was much better, I only ran Tom over!
The deutsch people are very friendly, they make you feel welcome. There was no language barrier at all, as all deutsch people speak english - which in a way is a shame because sometimes we would forget that we weren't in England.
Well.......check out the photos, there isn't much more that we can say that the photos wouldn't.
Next......Jamiroquai, Groove Armada, The Cat Empire.


Additional photos below
Photos: 22, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

The Grasshopper....The Grasshopper....
The Grasshopper....

that's where we would end up every afternoon. They were in the World Cup atmosphere
The view at the back of the GrasshopperThe view at the back of the Grasshopper
The view at the back of the Grasshopper

That's one of the reasons why we liked that place.
I wonder what they sell?I wonder what they sell?
I wonder what they sell?

Have a look at the name of the place and the littleboy on the sign!
Ah! If just I had one of these at home!!!Ah! If just I had one of these at home!!!
Ah! If just I had one of these at home!!!

I wouldn't even need to go to the Pub!!
Axe on her bike......Axe on her bike......
Axe on her bike......

after she figured out how to use the back brakes.
WindmillWindmill
Windmill

We had to find one! We have to admit that it wasn't very easy!
Beautiful scenaryBeautiful scenary
Beautiful scenary

That's how Amsterdam looks all over...
....and another bar..........and another bar......
....and another bar......

the place where everytime that Holland scored a gol you would get a free beer....needless to say that everyone was really supporting Holland that day!
Happy face.....Happy face.....
Happy face.....

that's what free beer does to Tom!


Tot: 0.152s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 18; qc: 71; dbt: 0.0932s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb