Rhine Valley, Germany and The Netherlands


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
December 30th 2011
Published: February 19th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our stopover in Boppart, and St Goa was one purely for a sleep and rest stop. The hotel was nothing to brag about. The Rhine Valley Cruise was nice, after we ran down a mountain to make it in time! Was getting dark by the time we booked and got on, so didn't see too much, but it was nice all the same.

We had a drunken night out in Boppard. Dinner and drinks with our tour group. Drinking games back at the hotel, and a terribly hungover bus ride into the Netherlands the next day! Not for us, for the heavy drinkers at the back of the bus!

We stopped on the way in Volendam, Netherlands to see the Windmills, and again at a cheese and clogs factory. We got to see how cheese is made, and watched a pair of clogs being made by a very funny dutch man. We refrained from purchasing the wooden shoes though, as we had no practical reason to get any. We did buy cheese though! mmm cheese...

We reached our hotel, had dinner (best dinner of the tour!) and then got ready to go out for our new years eve in Amsterdam! Crazy busy town! A quick walking tour, and meeting point, then off we went. We ended up buying overpriced champagne and dodging dangerous fireworks in Dam Square. It was crazy. People we lighting dangerous fireworks and throwing them into crowds. MENTAL! We stayed with our group, and managed to make it back in time for the shuttle back to the hotel...

The 1st of January was a free day in Amsterdam. We had planned to do so much, but most things were closed. The line to the Anne Frank House was over 2hrs long, the Heinekin Factory was closed as were a lot of other things. We ended up checking out some shops, going on a canal cruise, checking out the sex museum - as apparently you're supposed to do in amsterdam. It was a cheap way to get out of the rain! We ate some famous fries... and did some souvenir stuff.

We have to go back to amsterdam. When it's not a public holiday and things will still be open! It was a nice city, but for new years, way too busy!

From Amsterdam, it was back to london via Bruges, Belgium. I traced my steps from the last time we were there, and had the Best hot chocolate in the world! for the second time. ahhh heaven. We also found Craig's heaven... the 1130 belgium beer wall!

And back to reality!

That was our Christmas, New Years Tour, in a nutshell... xox


Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

condomeriecondomerie
condomerie

in amsterdam


Tot: 0.052s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0254s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb