Amster the dam


Advertisement
Netherlands' flag
Europe » Netherlands » North Holland » Amsterdam
January 31st 2006
Published: February 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Drugs n sex & more drugs n sex!
U r confronted with it all round in Dam & it's all legal!!
If u go into a coffee shop & ask for a menu, u won't get a menu of the expresso's & capachino's!!

D1 in da Dam- got to the hostel plannin to have a quite 1, then an aussie lad in my dorm asked me if i wanted to come out on the town? yer sure mate! so we went out (an aus & brazilian chick & a lad from S. Africa) So we had a few bev's, looked at a few coffee shops & cruised the red light district (R.L.D).
Everyone wanted to go to a sex show but i wasn't keen to waste that much $ so i went on a mission to find centraal staion to catch da tram to stayokay (the hostel).
There was a thick fog, hazzy neon lights, skinny allies, shady lads tryin to sell ya coke, scantilly dressed ladies behind there clear doors & me havin no idea where to go! I finally made it back to the hostel.

D2 in da Dam- Got up for an awsome free brecky then
Bike on pond!Bike on pond!Bike on pond!

All the ponds in the park where frozon & an old bike was out in the middle.
went to the hienikan factory ( 10 euro's u get a great tour, interactive rides, beer history, 3 free beers in 2 diff bars & a free collectors glass), then a walk around a park with frozen ponds!
That nite we had a few drinks in the hostel with some funny irish guys & we (me Jessy,Calli lad & sibina, Canadian chick) went out to the R.L.D
We checked out the cafe that oceans 12 was filmed in (brad, mat n george), a crazy sex shop, a beer in a pub, down an alley lined with clear doors filled with ladies( Sibina always walked between us and she was grippin my arm the whole time) Quite a few shady lookin characters around!

D3 in the Dam- me n beans hired bikes & cruised the city, a huge windmill, the zoo, then @ 2:01 the day of the Aaron began!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Bikes!Bikes!
Bikes!

There r so many bikes in th dam,everywhere u look there r shit loads of bikes.


14th February 2006

girls
aaron no one belives you left the girls alone!!!!
15th February 2006

great pics
hey its emma from ur dads chemistry class just wanna say keep up the interesting blogs and love da pics
23rd May 2006

All legal
Strictly it is not the case that drugs are legal in Amsterdam mate. The differance is that most of it is just overlooked by the police. They have rules in the netherlands just like in any other Eu country but they just dont apply them all.

Tot: 0.164s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 29; qc: 111; dbt: 0.1152s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.3mb