Second day in Budva


Advertisement
Europe » Montenegro » Budva
May 26th 2010
Published: May 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Eileen, May 27
Okay where do I start?
We took a train for 10 hours from Belgrade to Bar arriving at 10:00 at night. Took two taxies to the town we were going to for our hostel and they drove 80 miles an hour around the curves and cliffs of the Adriatic sea. Jane was the trooper who found Smile, our Hostel owner who met us at the bus stop and guided us the rest of the way to a beautiful Hostel which is like a hotel. He took us to dinner at midnight to this outdoor bar and restaurant for pizza and beer. The train ride was so breathtakingly beautiful we thought we saw the best until we got around the next corner. Pictures can not record what we saw it will just have to stay in our hearts for recall.
Spent the day at a beautiful beach and swam in the Adriatic sea which was cold at first but not worst then lake Michigan. Jane and Mugs got sun burned. They cooked chicken potatoes and salad with the most wonderful bread for our dinner right at the hostel. Smiles brother is the chef and it was so good. We left Ulcif? for Bar then a sea shore ride to Budva which again was amazing, walked to our next hostel which was a good half hour with all of our gear. Of course our seasoned backpackers had no problem, I dragged my backpack on wheels!!! We stopped at a grill for late lunch and experimented on some new food. Was okay. The stuffed pancakes were the best, of course and the beer.
We were sitting out in the garden and two young men, one from Paris and one from Conn. USA, were trying to start a fire in the grill but could not get it going. Jane gathered up some small wood chips, and with paper, breath and knowhow, got their fire going. She was the hero of the evening and am sure will be talked about around the world. We are waiting for a Mini bus to take us on a day trip so will close now and write more when we get back.

Advertisement



26th May 2010

Sounds like fun
Jane (and all the rest of the group), it sounds like you're having a grand time. I'm curious -- lots about food and drink and relatively little about hiking and backpacking? A wise travel guide once taught us to say and think "remember, it's all part of the experience" -- hope you're not having too many events that require that mantra.
2nd June 2010

Takes a woman!!!!

Tot: 0.06s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0374s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb