Monaco


Advertisement
Monaco's flag
Europe » Monaco » Monte Carlo
September 24th 2008
Published: September 24th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Eze, FranceEze, FranceEze, France

In the old part of the village that hasn't changed for 500 years. It's nice travelling with other folks so we can get some shots of Alex and I together for once!
If anyone ever needs a reminder of how little money they really have they should head to Monaco!
We went there two days ago with our new friends from Australia. We stopped in a village called Eze on the way there and went through a tour of a perfume factory to avoid the pouring rain. I can still smell the perfume on me, it's that strong!
Here in Nice there are a lot of people who are obviously wealthy, but in Monaco it's the people who aren't who stick out more. We mostly just walked around the town and window shopped for 17 000 euro watches and rings. I had never seen a Prada store before! Obviously we went in the Monte Carlo Casino. But to see the large portion of the interior you had to pay ten euros just to get in... so we settled for the foyer. Our Oz friend Marcus put a fiver in one of the slots, but lost it straight away.
There were so many super cars that BMW's and Mercedies were as easily overlooked as a Ford pick-up would be at home. Alex was particularly enjoying the Aston Martin 007 cars and a pair of
EzeEzeEze

The ragged crew.
80's Maserati roadsters that drew a crowd.
There were also a lot of multi million dollar yachts with run abouts that Alex and I would be happy to own. One yacht even had a helicopter on the deck! The whole town was getting geared up for their yacht show, so I think there might have been even more brand new ships there than usual.
I think you will get a better idea of what I'm talking about here when you check out the pictures.
Unfortunately, we didn't see Brad Pitt or Angelina, but I'm sure we must have just missed them!

Until next time,
Jay


Additional photos below
Photos: 15, Displayed: 15


Advertisement

EzeEze
Eze

Looking down into the valley.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

The Monte Carlo Casino.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

The casino, but with two Maseratis in front.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Trying not to touch this Ferrari.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

The Monte Carlo GP track that winds through town.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Very 007.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Now isn't this showing off a bit?
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Illegally snapped inside the casino before the guards could take my camera.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Sitting behind the casino.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

The royal palace.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Planning an attack on Italy.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

Changing of the guard.
MonacoMonaco
Monaco

A view of Monaco from the palace.


Tot: 0.135s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.1053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb