Valletta Malta..,


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta
June 21st 2017
Published: June 21st 2017
Edit Blog Post

Tuesday 6-20 to Wednesday 6-21....

Woke up to a very cool view. The buildings/monuments made up of granite and rock where right by the port. Quick breakfast and we were ready to go exploring.

We didn't have anything plan so we just took off walking. Up and up a really long/steep hill. We later found out the hill is called Crucifix Hill. Found the parliament building and while we were in front of the building the prime minister gets out if his car and walks in. He is equal to the president in this country. But only one person guarding him.

Valletta is hosting an international film festival this week. Was fun the see all the stuff for the festival.

Lunch at Papannis Italian restaurant. Very very good. Kelly had risotto and she LOVED it. Heather and I both got the spaghetti bolognese. Very good. Suzy has the cheese ravioli. And she also really enjoyed her meal.

We were full and hot and getting tired and heading back to the ship when we saw a sign saying "CHOCOLATE DISTRICT. Well you know ya, we had to check that out.

O. M. G. Heaven on earth. Mmm mmm.

For 3.50€ we each got s shot of dark chocolate. Smooth. Warm. Rich. Gooey shot of some of the best chocolate. Suzy also got some good tea.




2nd day...
Up early for breakfast because I'm hoping to "use the loo" before our long private tour starts. Yes!!!! Success!!!

We meet our guide Tanya at 9:00. We do a few scenic pictures and then drive over to a city across the port from our ship. I found the boat I want. ??.

On to Isla. Got to go into a very old church. Built in the mid 1600's. Amazing detail. And even more amazing..We were allowed to walk around and touch some of the religious items. I love going into old churches.

Marsaxlokk, Malta. Quant little fishing town. Know for its colorful and fun fishing boats. Little shopping in market and then lunch. Not good for any of us. Free bruschetta was ok. My burger was ok. Kelly's pizza was huge but was only a little better than school cafeteria pizza. Heather ordered the mushroom ravioli with a mushroom/cream sauce. Not good. And Suzy's sea bass came table with it's head on. Yuck!!

Then we heading to the Blue Grotto. We really wanted to see this. But the first order of business was to change into our bathing suits while in the van. We bought our tickets but decided to take a cooling swim first. Such a unique experience. The water was so clear. At 10 meters deep, you can see the bottom.

Next came the boat ride to the blue grotto. We loved the boat ride. The water was so blue!!! We then decided to swim again.

Heather got in and I stayed out yo watch our bags. Kelly jumped from a rock. Suzy fid the same thing. Suzy then got out and was wavering between diving in and a cannonball. So instead Suzy did a faceplant. No I didn't get it in camera or video. Dang it. Lol... But I did get action pictures of Kelly and Suzy mid jump.

Again change in the car to get our wet bathing suit bottoms off and dry undies on. Quick stop for bottles of water. Then onto Mdina...

This little town was neat. Clean. Quiet. Only residents who live there and have a permit were allowed to drive into Mdina.

And more picture taking. And some Gelato and more pictures. We walked back to van and were driven back to the ship. Kelly and I headed to our rooms to shower while Heather and Suzy went to the glass store for some shopping.

Quick clean up/shower and to dinner we go. We were tired and hungry so no sharing a table tonight. Just the 4 of us. Dinner was very good. Heather and I each had the mushroom sauce over noodles. Mmm mmm mmmm. Suzy and Kelly both got the sea bass.

Ready for this???? Amy (me picky good water) tried ESCARGOT tonight. It was ok nothing really anything to write home about.

Now dessert....???? We ordered 2 desserts each. Then they brought us all an extra dessert plate with a chocolate cake with ice cream on it. We were so confused. Until we figured out it was the chocolate molten cake we missed earlier in the week. So for a table if 4 we had 12 deserts. AND ATE THEM ALL.

Leaving port. See you all tomorrow in Sicily!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 77, Displayed: 25


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 30; dbt: 0.0306s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb