The Knights domain


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Malta
May 2nd 2006
Published: May 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Day 88
April 3rd
Valetta, Malta
Malta was one of my 2 dream destinations, I was thrilled when HAL substituted it, along with a return for us to Athens and Kusadasi. My other desired destination being Reunion in the Indian Ocean and we were in Mayotte which is close and probably similar.

We enjoyed learning more about the Knights of St-John. In Rhodes, last September we had toured their previous home, this time, we saw their great STONE fortress, churches and hospital. The St-John Co-cathedral is the most impressive catholic church I have ever visited because of the inlaid coloured marble tomb stones carpeting the whole floor of the church; then there are these 6 metre by 6 metre tapestries which are falling apart because of their great weight- just beautiful.

I purchased a silver filigree bracelet, which is the typical jewelry fabricated in Malta, and a few other items.
Terry bought The Sword and The Scimitar, a wonderful historical fiction set in Malta written by David Ball, I enjoyed it and Terry is now reading it to extend the experience of the trip.
Nice to hear from you Mary, happy travels in December, you will love the ship
Hey Joyce, hope you enjoy the rest of our trip



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0322s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb