We're here!


Advertisement
Malta's flag
Europe » Malta » Gozo
October 6th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Crowds gather for our arrival!Crowds gather for our arrival!Crowds gather for our arrival!

Even the local police had to be called in to control the crowds...
Well we finally made it to the island of Gozo just off Malta...infact we have been here almost a week so I thought I hade better update the blog...

Firstly thank you to everyone for the splendid send off, the cards, gifts and kind words meant a huge amount to both of us, to have the support and good wishes of so many people help to confirm this is the best thing we have ever done / will ever do!!!

The farmhouse we have rented is just outside the town of Xhagra (pronounced sharah), it overlooks the beach (1/2 hr walk) and has a great pool and terrace...We have only had one small disaster so far, when we managed to lock ourselves out going to bed!! The master bedroom is seperate from the rest of the house, which is slightly strange....still we found ourselves stuck with no keys to get back in the house or into the bedroom.....a kind neighbour let me climb the dividing wall and walk along the top to get back in, I did quite well considering the alcohol intake and felt like spider man!!

The weather here is excellent, sunny and 25 degrees....not one
Welcome to XhagraWelcome to XhagraWelcome to Xhagra

They cant believe I 'm coming to Town!
bad day yet!! Sorry, I know you have rain!!

Very little else to report as we have spent most days relaxing by the pool sipping wine and enjoying fresh fish on the BBQ....we have ventured in to Victoria, (the capital) the beach and a few bars / restaurants....exactly the pace we wanted for our first stop!

talk soon

Mark & Sharron





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Yep its me!Yep its me!
Yep its me!

The send off we had from Dartmouth was great, but we didnt expect such a warm welcome to Gozo!!
Fist night!Fist night!
Fist night!

After being up for 36 hours it was time to sit back and start to relax, with a bottle of the local red!!
First nightFirst night
First night

Sharrons first crack at a traditional Maltese banquet was not bad. I scored her 6 out of 10!!
Local beachLocal beach
Local beach

Only sandy beach on the island and its 1/2 hour walk from our farmhouse
On yer bike!!On yer bike!!
On yer bike!!

I have to burn the alcohol off somehow!


6th October 2008

Gozo exodus in full swing
As word gets around that Mark is staying for a month the locals get restless and start queuing at the local travel agents!!
7th October 2008

Peace and quiet!
I wondered where everyone was!
7th October 2008

Hey that bike looks like the one Stuart lost!

Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0445s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb