August 13 2015 Resen to Bitola


Advertisement
Macedonia's flag
Europe » Macedonia » Bitola
August 13th 2015
Published: May 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Got up for breakfast and whilst wandering around bumped in to Silvano an Italian touring cyclist who had just arrived in Resen from Ohrid. What took Gus and I 7 hours he'd done in 2 hours lol. He invited us for a beer and it's rude not to accept so at 8.30 am we had beer for breakfast. Always a good start to the day! He was interesting and knowledgable about different cycling routes especially those in Europe. He was currently cycling the route of the first crusaders. After breaky we wished him well, not that he needed it as each of his legs were the size of my waist.

Gus and I went to the supermarket as it was difficult to find a cafe that served breakfast. Following a tin of tuna we packed and set off.

The first ten kms were flat and easy until we took the route less travelled. It was uphill for ten kilometres and the majority on cobble stones. They look beautiful but like most things, beauty wears off with time and these things were soon as ugly as bulldog chewing a wasp.

I past a snake sunning itself and had no real desire to get a photo for some strange reason.

The vibration caused by the cobbles broke a connection on my bike rack so I had to pull out the Macguiver book again. We used the leatherman tool to drill a hole in the broken bracket to fix the problem and we were soon back in the saddle.

The hill eventually stopped climbing and then we were treated to a lengthy decent in to Bitola.

Bitola is the second largest town in Macedonia. It appears to be the night scene capital and the national pastime is for single mothers to take their children out until all hours.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb