To Riga by Bus


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
July 2nd 2015
Published: July 2nd 2015
Edit Blog Post

Today we biked about 6 miles for a total of 430 miles.

The weather warm, felt hot at times, but in the shade you could still feel some coolness in the air.

Had a fine breakfast at our Hotel - Livonia in Sigulda.

Biked to the train station, but they changed the earliest time to 13:49 which we did not like. We ended up taking the bus, which was cheaper. For packing the bikes on the bus it was 2.30 € for both bikes. Pleasant ride.

Riga is a big city with all the usual accoutrements. It seems much bigger than Tallinn.

Bobbie and Gary are staying in the Opera Hotel. We are staying in the Cinnamon Sally Hostel - 4 bed dorm room. Shared shower and bathroom. A step down from we had gotten used to on this trip. More like we are used to.

We biked around Riga, the Capitol, of Latvia. Toured the Art Nouveau area. Pretty cool buildings, rivals, if not surpasses Prague.

Dropped our bikes off at bike shop, in old town as this had been arranged in Tallinn. The bike shop owner was not expecting us.

Walked around old town some and headed back to the Hostel for daily chores.

Went out to eat at "Folksong" Ala restaurant. This Latvian restaurant in the basement of an old building, that seemed endless until, we reached our table. The was excellent Latvian cuisine, washed down with Latvian beer. Great eating experience, highly recommended.

Went back the hostel to prepare for our trip to Vilnaus. We will get up at 6:30 am for our 7:30 am bus ride. We should get to Vilnaus by 11:15 am.


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0229s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb