Rügen – a small dreamland


Advertisement
Latvia's flag
Europe » Latvia » Riga Region » Riga
April 28th 2012
Published: April 28th 2012
Edit Blog Post



Photo Andres Colmenares
Severe, long-term water tumbled stones and a layer of smaller stones, the harsh minimalism, a real coldness blows to everyone. But nearby – a real orgy of color, a wide range of plants already in atmosphere of Indian summer, incredible motifs arranged in a carpet.
It is Rügen, German island in the Baltic Sea.
Is Rügen located in the north? Well, as you look at it … I think yes, it definitely is. It is located in northern part of Germany and Europe (very close to Denmark and Sweden, the south coast). And its nature often is reminiscent of the northern landscape. Both the sea with his gray priming, which is sometimes stained with eroded chalk rock, making the water green, as well as natural sculptures created by fog, rain and wind. Striking limestone cliffs of fantastic shapes and silhouettes. Modest, even poor, narrow coastal beach area. Well, and also very hot is here very rare (August average temperature of around +16 degrees C!). (www.ruegenmagic.de)
And yet compared to the true north about the Arctic Circle or near this area, there’s a lot more natural brilliance and brightness than the harshness and temperance of the Scandinavia. And, of course, much more of life directly: so to speak, small representants of animate nature: birds, rodents, reptiles and insects – all the colors of life and the appearance of representatives.
Have I been in Rügen? No, never had such a possibility. But now at least I can look at it and examine this special, somehow standing apart world. It is a special sign of belonging and separation, which generally have the islands and islanders. There is a lot of news, advertising and images in the internet. Everyone can delight yourself and to make one’s way to the extraordinary, imaginary remoteness.
I think a plenty of pictures and impressions will make us return to Rügen. (If You laike what You see, You are welcome to my modest website www.norsenature.com, where I intend this and some more) But I perhaps would have earned a small royalty for the selection and arranging of the images(!). At any time the main thing is the fact that such a travel is possible today and enriches us all. Besides those who spend there the summer for years or have just discovered the magic of the island. Again – enough beauty for everyone. Photo Bernhard Eckert

<br class="entry-utility-prep entry-utility-prep-cat-links" />

Advertisement



Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 6; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0722s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb