Day 7 - Munich to Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
October 16th 2013
Published: October 24th 2013
Edit Blog Post

The journey continued as we headed back to Haufbahnhof (Central Station) and into the first class lounge for coffee prior to boarding our EuroCity train to Verona. Would definitely recommend travelling first class and using this lounge - just a bit disappointed the wifi didn't work on the train, but we've had trouble with wifi (except in accommodation) in Europe. The 'ohs' and 'ahs' were many as we crossed the border into beautiful Austria (seems so funny to have no boarder control/showing of passports). Snow capped mountains and huge viaducts (remind us of home - with an edge on spectacular). We have a zillion photos to see and cull! I would like to return and travel between every village in Austria and explore. It was particularly difficult to see the Swarovski factory flash by! But I have been good and purchased nothing on this trip so far. The train was 5.5 hours and finished way too soon. We had a private compartment (supposed to be for 6 pax) but couldn't read or play cards as the scenery drew us in. We've done three countries today - Germany, Austria, Italy - which seems just amazing to a small town NZ gal.

Italy arrived via views of vineyards. Bring it on! Taxied to our hotel in Verona and settled into our two bedroom apartment, a 15 minute walk from town and headed out to explore the city, initially by Hop On, Hop Off but it broke down (they were good about refunding our money), so we took the opportunity to amble the back streets where we had beautiful gelato, so delectable, and an aperol spritz. Yum - and both lived up to their reputation, Rebecca. We then found a super little ristorante where we had spaghetti carbonara and pizza, with local red wine. Pinch me! Deeeeeevine. The supermarkets are interesting - made so by the armed security. We are tired, in a nice way. Am already concerned though that my clothes are beginning to shrink 😞 must be something in the water?


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



24th October 2013

Jenny we are loving the updates your holiday looks divine & the weather looks OK as well

Tot: 0.11s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0597s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb