Day 6 - Munich tour day


Advertisement
Germany's flag
Europe » Germany » Bavaria » Munich
October 15th 2013
Published: October 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast at the hotel and off on the Dachau Concentration Camp tour, first by Regional train and then bus. The tour guide was from Seattle and really knew his stuff. The experience was very moving and though I knew a lot of the background, it was just amazing to actually be there and 'feel' the sombre mood of Dachau. Roy, also taken by the moment, re-enacted an escape scene. Enough said....

Back to the hotel, via a great little coffee shop, for a rest (read drink!) and to buy some internet time to check bank accounts 😊, FB, emails, etc. Then out again - this time for a walking beer tour. It poured with rain but that didn't dampen our spirits. The guys managed 3 x litre steins (and that was after pre-drinks! And tasters!). When in Rome (read Munich), I just HAD to join in... shame Munich wasn't known for it's gin though. We met some great people and laughed a lot and now we have to retract the statement that Americans are loud when they travel... I think we won that one! Oops... And while we are talking different ethnicities, we were chatting to a lovely Japanese lad in our group, when Roy Roy Roy said, as some other Asian people neared our table, "look, there's some of your people" to which the lad replied, "I was born in the USA and it's hard to tell but they could be Korean".

Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0468s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb