From Como to Colico


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 14th 2012
Published: September 14th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Like I said yesterday, in order to get to Milan, we had to walk a lot, but after arriving in the fashion capital, the travelling was far from over

.
We had a stop in Lake Como, but first had to locate our hotel in Milan because I begged him to take our luggage and keep it there until we came back today and he agreed.
So at the train station in Milan, we take the Metro line two to a certain point, were we get off and take line one to Gambara.
The hotel is located a 100m from the stop. We leave our luggage and go our way with just our camera bags. From there it is a short metro ride to another trainstation and we make the next train ride to Como Lago by a few minutes.
The 46km drive takes almost an hour and a half, but we see the Swiss Alps and the view is magnificent.
Finally at Lake Como we are greeted by a strong wind and I have to ran after my fedora a couple of times.
The view from Como is not something one describe, you have to see it, take in the amazing view. We just sat on a park bench.
Then we wanted to locate our hotel for the night. We didn't stay in Como, no, we stayed in Colico, another two hour drive by bus, all along the mountain. And we had a bus driver from hell.
But the view from there was more amazing than from Como and we were awe struck from the moment we could see the lake.
I really know why George Clooney has a villa here, you can be at peace, all the time.
But I will stop babbling and just show you the photos


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.038s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0222s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb