Rainy Siena


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 7th 2012
Published: September 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Siena was confusing. Someone directed us to the Piazza, which we found easy. We even bought coffee and sat in the middle of it all to just take in the moment.

And all the people. Not even at the Trevi Fountain in Rome we saw that many people.

The language here was a hassle and we came by on hand gestures.

After strolling through the streets we decided to head home to get ready for dinner. As we reached a corner we knew we were walking the wrong direction! So we turned around and as we turned the heavens opened up.

Rain was flowing like rivers down the piazza and even with umbrellas we were soaked.

We looked for a hiding place in a shop that sold gellato, and we decided that we realy needed to get home - again in the outskirts of town.

By then the thunder echoed through the narrow pathways, my shoes had it's own water source - it even made a sound.

But we walked, MZ's umbrella broke. the metal arm thingy (corlia jy sal weet) that holds the umbrella upright, got damaged as the wind blew it in another direction.

My big umbrella didn't help much either cause holding it in just the right spot not to get wetter, makes it impossible to see where i was headed. And when i did see the water dripped from my umbrella down my back.

We stopped at an awesome coffeeshop to just to warm up.

My hazelnut cuppuccino even had in melted chocolate.



Finally back at the bed (seeing there were no breakfast) we got ready to enjoy some fine Italian food.

The menu was in Italian, the People barely spoke English and we managed to order by assuming we knew what the ingredients were. Our waiter could at least help a little.

In Siena I had the best pizza so far, topped with olives and salmon. It was to die for.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0707s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb