Hectic Rome


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
September 4th 2012
Published: September 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Finally, we got the Ipad charged and a datacard, seeing mtc only wanted to work at the airport.

We are finally on the train to Orvieto, after three wonderful, fun-filled, exhausting days in Rome. One thing is true - Roma, non basta una vita, rome, a lifetime is not enough.

By Sunday afternoon we knew exactly how the sub-way worked. We were so good at it we realized quickly after departure on Monday that we were on the wrong train.

Sunday we walked up the Spanish Steps, made a wish at the Trevi fountain, paid 5euros more to enter the Colloseum with a guided tour, just to skip the line and ditch the guide.

We entered the Panteon and ate tomato and mozzerally pizza to die for. At the monument of Emmanuelle the second it started to rain.

MZ and I were dying for some pastries and didn't see any shops in the area we walked in and then we spotted it. A two minute walk from our hotel. Punjambi was lit in bright red letters, inviting us to see what is inside.

Pastries, cake, coffee and wine and most of the pastries were filled with chocolate. So we decided to have it for dinner.

On Tuesday we went to the Vatican, were we enjoyed the luxury of a tour and had the best cappucinno yet, so went twice...

Fabio wanted to know were in Rome we stayed, and the look on his face as we told him at Torre Spaccatta was pricless. "how do you get there, are you flying by plane to get home tonight," he asked.

Apparently that area was not really for tourists and located in the outskirts of Rome. Better known as Sodom en Gomora.

Fabio, we met him as we got off the subway to the Vatican, said St. maria square is good place for cheap shopping. So we set off by foot, seeing it is not that far.

Two and a half hours later, we arrived, feet full of blisters just to find nothing.So we had gellato on the steps of a fountain and had dinner nearby.



We quickly realized that walking, taking the bus and the subway is not as easy in the dark but luckily the Italians are friendly. Well most of them in any case.

We arrived at Hotel Alba at 22:25 and got not wait to take off our shoes.



This morning we left the hotel at 06:00, got on the bus to the train station and missed the first train to Orvieto.

Advertisement



4th September 2012

Thats my girl
Ek is seker dit is 'n storie wat beide van julle eendag aan jul kleinkinders kan vertel en verseker terug verlang. Geniet dit en ek is al so bietjie jaloers! luv u lots!

Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0352s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb