Lake Maggiore, Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
June 24th 2011
Published: July 2nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Found a nice, but very busy campsite on the banks of Lake Maggiore. Still in Italy but close to Swiss border. Surrounded by mountains – some even with snow on top. Trevor and Nathan tried out the pool – or planned to but got stopped by lifeguard because they weren’t wearing bathing caps. Had to buy a couple for 2 euro each. Such a good look!!

Today we did a cable car and chair lift ride to Mount Mattorne. It was such a clear day, we could see right over the Alps and all of the lakes in this area. Beautiful. Nathan and Trish had a swim in the lake. The weather is very hot at the moment so we are making good use of the pool. Even includes a wave pool, slides, giant bucket and fast current. The lake is also a great way to keep cool.

There are lots of Germans staying in this park and we have only noticed one or two other GB number plates. English aren’t on holidays yet I think.

We have discovered some quite good shopping centres close by which is great – they have been in short supply in some other places we’ve been to.

After six days of relaxing and enjoying the hot weather, we decided to leave Italy and head for Switzerland. A storm the afternoon before we left cooled things a bit which was nice. Even the nights had been quite unbearable.

Heading off to Switzerland now. Can’t wait. This is what I have been looking forward to most!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



8th July 2011

the bucket
that's one for the wall trev!!

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.035s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb