Venezia - magical happy land


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
October 19th 2009
Published: October 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

From Shell: I can't believe that for all I have read and seen of Venice, it still absolutely and completely got under my skin. How can you not love a place where you get to take a little boat trip almost every time you go somewhere? We are almost certain it was only the service staff and us tourists there but it was still just completely magical.

We took a cheapy option for accommodation in Venice but then they upgraded us to their very nice sister hotel.

The maze of alleyways and canals was wonderful to just follow at random and see what was around the next corner. As Marja has been banging on about red Murano glass for years, we built in time to take a trip to the island of Murano and had a great time touring the museo and then buying too much glassware. We are still working out how to get it home unbroken!

Today is our last day in Florence (more on that later) and then we are taking the train down to Naples to meet Steve and I get to fulfill my 25 year dream to see Pompeii (and, yes, I know the artifacts tour is on in Melbourne at the moment - heh!).





Advertisement



19th October 2009

Yep, she does that.
"Marja has been banging on about...." welcome to my world! :)

Tot: 0.107s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0903s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb