Capri


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
April 20th 2008
Published: April 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

20 April 2008

On a clear and warm day we took the ferry to the island of Capri which is just off the Sorrento peninsular and only a 25 minute trip.

The ferry and the centre of the town of Capri were very crowded, presumably with weekend day-trippers. However after a few false starts we were able to work out the geography of the place and with the help of the guide book spent the morning visiting some quiet lookouts which gave us very good views of the island’s craggy landscape.

After a quick panini lunch back in the town we went for a delightful walk along the east coast using a very well constructed path built into the cliffs. Sam, my son in law, did his best to spoil our enjoyment by texting me the news that Villa had beaten Blues 5-1. The place is a strange mixture as the last part of the walk was along a street with many shops selling impossibly expensive designer clothes and jewellery.

The journey back to the van was a bit fraught as the boat was late docking and all the buses in the centre of Sorrento had been cancelled to make way for what appeared to be an open air rock concert. So we had to walk up the hill back to the campsite. But this did not mar another great day.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.721s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.253s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb