Flying - Yes or No !!!!!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 11th 2007
Published: July 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Same routine up the mountain , get set ready to go , resturant bound. The staff at the resturant were amazing so chilled and friendly , working like bees getting all our needs sorted. Yes the "task" was on the frenzy began. The gliders took off for the challage , some hairy take offs but ll in the game. After the comp pilots had taken off Matt launched and went for a fly. I seized the opportunity to grab a bite and a great cappincino from the resturant and take in the view and read. There were a few non-flyers and we chatted and had a great time.
Heading back down the mountain , i saw Matt at the landing site safe back on solid soil, But hewas a little shaken , the flying conditions were rough and he had a couple of collapes while flying , out of practice flying in Alpine Conditions. The weather had inpoved a camp site site but not way up high, so 3/4 of the way through the day competion it was cancelled due to bad weather looming , so all the pilots made there way back. While they were doing that the lovely Belgain couple feed us with Belgain Chocolate and Belgain beer and we settled ourselves down on the edge of the landing field watching all the pilots return. Later in the aftenoon a helicopter and Mountain resuce team landed behind us , There was a pilots who had thrown his reserve early that morning and needed to be plucked form the moutain, he is okay , leg and back injury not too serious he was back in camp that evening , a little worse for wear but in good humour. There was a bbq on site , so we went for that for dinner , I propmly had to return to the camper and have something different , Im not so keen on "dog" steak , ( not sure what it was but not good) More Chatting , Flying apperenatly wason tomorrow the weather was lloking great and it was the last day of the comp.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.302s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.051s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb