Flying - Chez Open comp


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy
July 10th 2007
Published: July 10th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Flying the usual procedure. Piotr kindly took Matt and I up the mountain what a stunning view overlooking the villages and lake and yes for the non flyer a resturant on site on top of the mountain. The weather today wasnt great , they were hoping to be able to do a "task" . The time they had put aside for this was about 1.30pm , now being only 11am , you can ingaine the resturant was in full swing keeping the pilots well feed. The organizers made the call and said that the "task" was on , a briefing prior to flying , then the flurry of piolts getting ready for take off, but alas with in 20 mins it was canned , the extremly large balck clouds looming over the back were not a welcome site. At that some of the more crazy pilots took the opputunity to take off and do a "top to bottom" before the weather caved in. The landing field was a camp site. We drove back down and settled into chilling a camp and chating into the small hours. There hopes were up the next day for flying to take place. Heres hoping.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.284s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0818s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1.1mb