24hours in Vicenza


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Vicenza
May 3rd 2013
Published: May 20th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Greg: We are still alive! While writing down travel notes on paper during train rides is easy, finding an internet cafe (and the time) is proving a little more difficult. For those asking what we've been up to, never fear - we have some stories/photos that will make the wait worthwhile 😊

Our next italian stop takes us to Vicenza, a few hours train from the city of Venice. We were originally planning to train straight to Verona, but as we had already decided to break both of our organised personalities and book accomodation on the fly - we had to spend a night somewhere on the way to make things work. Vicenza won the coin toss and so we booked into a local hostel, learnt some italiano in a hurry and somehow found our way to the hostel.

After getting some recommendations for dinner we visited a local osteria and had yet another amazing meal, including our first lasagne, rabbit and a casual litre of red wine... suffice to say we were happy in all respects. Some midnight attempts at getting the hostel washing machine to talk english and we woke early the next day to buy a combo pass which gave us entry to a few places. Not ones to waste potential euros, we managed to fit in the local theatre and 4 or 5 museums while breaking for lunch (and more wine of course), seeing a local protest complete with marching band all before running to catch our train on to Verona.

TL;DR (Shorthand for too long, didnt read - in essence a summary) We stopped for a night in the small town Vicenza and spent the day admiring the beautiful local italian buildings&streets, museums and local protest marches.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



20th May 2013

See what happens when you book things on the fly?! all adds to the experience - even if somewhat stressful. it\'s somehow all worth it...

Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb