Romeo, Romeo where art thou? Not sure but we did see Juliet's balcony!!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Verona
August 13th 2017
Published: August 14th 2017
Edit Blog Post

What a fabulous day. We left Milano for Verona where we saw the “Juliet balcony” and the learned the fact and fiction of Romeo and Juliet and walked through the city of Verona looking at gothic and renaissance architecture and the “best” Colosseum in Italy - because it is still used today - for pop concerts, operas and all in between. The highlight for us was a quick add on to visit the Jewish Ghetto and Synagogue where we received an impromptu brief from a delightful young Rabbi. Unfortunately time did not allow us to ask all those unanswered questions from Bible Study!! There are approximately 100 Jews remaining in Verona.

We then moved onto the Serego Alighieri winery which has been in operation since the 13th century where we learned about their wines and had a delicious lunch and tour of part of the vineyard.

We are now on the River Countess in Venezia (there’s that Italian again) in our cabin having had the pleasure of unpacking for a week. We had dinner watching the sun set from the upper deck as we cruised for about 20 mins from one berth to another ready for a walking tour of Venezia tomorrow. It is strange being on a boat and all seems totally surreal but we are sure we will get used to it. Feeling very blessed.

Ciao

P..S. Internet is quite slow on the boat so we cannot upload photos. As a result of a wise, young son reminding us "a picture is worth a thousand words" we will probably not blog until the end of the cruise so I can hear the sighs of relief but ... watch out there could be a biggie coming!!

Advertisement



16th August 2017

Enjoy your time on the River Countess. Such wonderful places to explore! The world is a wonderful place!

Tot: 0.105s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0742s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb