You can fall in Love


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 10th 2006
Published: October 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Tour EiffelTour EiffelTour Eiffel

you just can't image what it's really like till you see it up close
wow what a week i have had!!!
Leaving Larissa and Simon was hard.....adventure on my own....but of course those who know by now that when travelling you never need to be alone!!! I head out on the train toward Paris, this is surreal to me!! Paris a city of love and romance, but you don't need romance to fall in love with Paris!!
Just as i started to comfort myself with the thought of seeing the sites of Paris alone.....I walk into the hostel dorm and meet three wonderful girls from Romania, who funny enough was on the same time schedule as me, so as a new member of their group we headed out too see what Paris had in store!!!
The Subway would have been a far easier way of getting from one place to another but our feet were a better way of exploring the sites!! We came upon Cathedral de Notre Dame, followed the Seine River passing Le Louvre, Champs Elisee, making out way to L'Arc de Triumph and of course the big finale at La tour Eiffel!!!! We got there just as the sun was setting, well or so it would have been had it not been
Tour EiffelTour EiffelTour Eiffel

Can you see it shine??
rainning!!!! The lights turned on and the Tower shined!!! I felt like a kid again!!! Up we went for a beautiful view of Paris at night!!! Taking one last look at the Eiffel Tower we reallized as the clock struck 9pm that all stood in amazment as the lights started to dance the night away!!! What a fantastic way to finish the day!!! With a smile on our faces we were happy to put our feet to rest and take in our days festivities!!!!
With a flight back to London the next day, i met up with Val and we've been giving Italy a run for it!!!
Rest in Milan for the night and hop on the train to Venice!!!!! We walked around Venice taking it all in what a spectacular island we just never wanted to leave!!! As we sit in San Marco Square with our jaws to the ground, young couples flourishing in new love and old ones dancing to the music, we just couldn't come to grips as to where we actually were!!!
Getting lost exploring the tiny walkways and the hundreds of bridges was the best way to see what Venice was all about! Taking the
Gondola??Gondola??Gondola??

Well unfortunately we didn't get a chance to go for a gondola ride but they sure do make for a romantic picture of Venice!!!
local boats to three islands was a great way to spend our second day....One island where we saw how they made such beautiful glasswear, an Island with houses of such brightly painted houses we just couldn't take enough pictures, and finally an island abandoned over hundreds of years with history and archetecture that was unimaginable!!!
We now find ourselves in Florence back into the traffic of the everyday!!! It's funny how fast you get used to the tranquillity of a place! We look forward to visiting a few Museums here before heading to Pisa and Rome!!!

More to come
sending big hugs
Bridge


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

colors of venice!!colors of venice!!
colors of venice!!

Visiting the beautiful island of Burano full of colorful houses and beautiful pictures!


15th October 2006

WOW
ur amazing....absolute globe trekker.

Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb