Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 19th 2005
Published: May 23rd 2005
Edit Blog Post

YEAH Venice- we love Venice!!! And it looks just like it does in the movies, with the gondolas and canals!

First we left Rome and headed to Verona, where the real Romeo and Juliet were from. It was a really neat little city, and we even checked out the infamous balcony.

After a long drive we didn't do much in the evening just hung around the campground, we mostly stayed indoors as there were MASSIVE mosquitos there.

The next am we woke up early and took a ferry over to Venice, no cars are allowed on the islands and Venice is made up of 100 something islands altogether.

Our group had a glass blowing and lace making demonstration, both were pretty neat.

Our tour guide Anna told us the number one thing to do in Venice is to just GET LOST... so we did, and it was a lot of fun! We basically just wandered around the streets shopping and soaking in the atmosphere for most of the day, even just sat down by the main canal and watched the boats and people. It was a really sunny day so it was gorgeous.

The best part was that evening when we had our gondola ride, the two of us and four other girls/ not quite the most romantic ride in the world, but with two bottles of cheap wine and a cute gondola driver (?), Luigi who sang to us, it was perfect! What a great night, then it was back on the ferry and to the campground.

It was a themed party night and the girls wore venetian masks and the guys wore venetian hats, pretty funny- the bar uploaded pics of it on their website but we don't know what it is, so maybe that's for the best. hehe.




Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



13th June 2005

glass!
Hi, you don't know me. I found your blog through google. I think I went to the same glass blowing place you did. Do you remember what the name of the place was? I'm trying to put together a journal of my own and I wanted a picture of some of the finished glass they have for sell. Thanks! -Angie - Angie

Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0173s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb