Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
April 20th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

A very very early start this morning - have to get out to Stansted Airport for a 6am flight to Italy - Stansted is about 2.5 hours from London on the bus.

Travelling with a large group of Brett’s work colleagues for this day trip.

Venice is nicer than I was expecting - I had heard lots of stories about the smell and how dirty it was, but I actually found the place to be very nice. We spent most of the day just wondering around - it’s easy to get lost for a short while, but you always end up back on one of the main paths.

We had a lovely pizza for lunch at a quiet little Ma and Pa restaurant in the back of Venice - great traditional pizza and home brewed red wine - fantastic. Topped of my the violins and the local cat visiting us.

Dinner was at a nice restaurant on the edge of the main canal - pasta was the order of the day. A tad expensive for what we ordered, but it was in the main tourist area.

Our flight left at about 10pm and we arrived back at Stansted at about 10.30pm - due to typical British inefficiency and poor customer service it took a further 3 hours to get through Immigration Control - it was about 3am before we got home and I had to be up and out the house at 6am to make my flight to Turkey.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb