What makes Venice so nice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
July 17th 2006
Published: July 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Firstly and update on Vienna. The last day that we had there was spent just walking around, even though had a great time seeing all the old buildings and learning about them. We both didnt know that Austria came about as part of the downfall of the Roman Empire, and you can see the roman influence all around Vienna.

We went to the Lippanzaner Museum which was cool, was more about the horses in the Spanish Riding School than the actual school.

The train journey to Venice was long and early - started at 6.30am. We both fell asleep near straight away, i woke up an hour later to find us in the Alps, where most of the journey from then on was. They look better than they do in the films and postcards - wish i hadn't packed my camera now.

Well we finally made it to Venice and have got lost twice in the first two times out of the hotel. There is definetly some kind of charm about the place, even though it looks like it would fall apart if you breathed too hard on some of the buildings. Even the amount of people that are going around dosn't seem to spoil it. Temp is very warm again (Im getting laughed at right now by Cathy due to the fact the y and z are in the wrong place on the keyboard).

We are also about to start taking orders for the Venician Masks - think Cathy is going to buy them all.

Still cannot add any photo's but will as soon as possible. Emily we have some more Teddy on his tour for you.

Will speak to you later....


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



17th July 2006

venetian masks
As far as I am aware, Ury Players don't need any for this year's panto! Look out for the gorgeous glass jewellery Cathie (I got a particularly nice green necklace .............and could to with earrings to match!!) Glad to hear that you are having a fab time. Just to let you know, Stonehaven is in the middle of a heatwave, almost tropical and no haar!!

Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb