Venice (by day)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 2nd 2009
Published: October 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

An early start this morning to catch a Water taxi from the bus drop off back to St Marcs Square. Saw a glass blowing demonstartion which was really good, what this guy could do in 2 minutes would amaze you. Free time this morning so did a little more exploring, climbed the Bell Tower for a 360 degree view of Venice (amazing how my fear of heights seems to have left me on this trip) got some great shots and saw Venice from 9 stories high, looked fabulous. Went back to Rialto bridge for a view by daylight, much busier but worth the return visit. Spent the rest of the day wandering the many, many, many streeets of Venice. Went on a Gondala ride in the afternoon which was very relaxing, we cracked the wine open and just enjoyed it, highly reccommended. Caught another boat out to the Island of Burano for Dinner which was nice, followed by a late night boat ride back to the bus, and then off to the hotel. Farewell Venice, but definitely something I reccommend everyone does once in their life.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.204s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0436s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb