Venice with Irish Friends!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
May 1st 2009
Published: May 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

Gondala!Gondala!Gondala!

We're in VENICE!!
We took a day trip from Marco's house in Udine to explore Venice. We met three of this Irish friends in Udine and decided to go to Venice with two of them, while the other was back home at work. Poor Clio! We arrived in good time and decided to walk around the grand canal. We were so excited to be there and it was really the first time we felt like we were actually in Italy. We then spent time walking around Piazza San Marco (St. Mark's Square) to discover Palazzo Ducale. We stopped for lunch and made sandwhiches by the river. Later, we went up the Campanile bell tower to see a great view of the city. We sat and watched gondalas in the canal and wished we had tons of money to spend to experience it, but it was still amazing to see! It was just like we had always visualized Italy, romantic and beautiful. We spent a lot of our time walking around endless ally ways and getting lost in this amazing city, which we didn't mind at all. Stopping for Italian gelato ice cream and soaking up the sun, we loved our lives. It was full of tourists as well, really the first area in Europe we had experienced this. We got a train back to Udine around dinner time and went back to visit Marco. We arrived back and he was making us amazing pasta! What a treat! Then we went for a few goodbye drinks with his friends at a nearby pub. Very surreal to see Marco in Italy, what a great experience.


Additional photos below
Photos: 33, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Jennie, Suzi, Elaine, EmilyJennie, Suzi, Elaine, Emily
Jennie, Suzi, Elaine, Emily

We met these two Irish girls back in Udine. They are friends with one of Marco's friends and just visiting for the week as well. We thought we might as well do a day trip to Venice together.. why not!
In VeniceIn Venice
In Venice

Loving Life!
Bell TowerBell Tower
Bell Tower

We went up to get a great view of the city.
JennieJennie
Jennie

Trying to escape


Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb