Venice-Kristi, Josh and Ashley


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
January 9th 2009
Published: January 15th 2009
Edit Blog Post

After spending Wednesday resting in Bologna we went out to dinner at one of our favorite Bologna restaurants called La Mela. We introduced Josh to Lasagna Verde (green lasagna) and afterwards went to an Irish Pub. We went home to get some rest for the next day trip to Venice.

Jason had to go back to work but Josh, Ashley and I took the train Thursday morning to Venice. We weren't sure how the weather was going to be but when we got there it was actually clear day, just a little chilly! We took the waterbus (vaporetti) down the grand canal to Piazza San Marco where we tried to avoid the Pigeons! We were hungry so we ate at a little Italian restaurant close to San Marco. Afterwards we went into St. Mark's Basilica which was beautiful.

We decided to walk back and get lost through Venice along the path of the grand canal instead of taking the water bus back. It was a little too cold to take a gondola ride even though there were just a few running and the gondolier was offering us a ride for "cheapy, cheapy!"

We did a little shopping, found Ashley an Italia sweatshirt and visited the Ferrari store where I ALMOST bought 45 Euro baby shoes. I held back though!

On the way back to the train station we found gelato for Ashley because she had been looking forward to it all day even though it was freezing!! Never too cold for gelato!

It was a great day trip to Venice an we headed back to Bologna by train!


Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement



Tot: 0.065s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb