We are coming home.....early


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Emilia-Romagna » Bologna
January 12th 2009
Published: January 12th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Due to extreme economic conditions Caterpillar has decided to move us (and many other international families) home early. Kristi and I have started to schedule our move back to Minneapolis. Our last week in Italy will be the week of January 26th. Most likely we will be flying home on January 30th. At this time we haven't finalized all of the details, we just received the notification on January 5th. Hopefully by the end of this week we will have more concrete plans.

Even though we are moving home early we have met new friends, learned about a culture vastly different from our own, explored many new cities along our travels and enjoyed the food immensely.

While we only have 17 days left in Bologna we have a couple more adventures remaining. This weekend Kristi's Mom is coming to Italy and we are heading to Rome for a few days. Then I will be back to work while Kristi and Bonnie parade around Italy looking for leather purses.

We will keep you posted.

Jason and Kristi


Advertisement



13th January 2009

shocker!
Hi guys- This is really such a shocker for Seth and I. We can't believe you are reaching MN before us, NEVER would have imagined. Sounds like you really are getting in the most of some great euro travels before heading home though. And Kristi, good luck finding that leather purse :) Be sure to keep us posted as you unwind in Italy and settle back in to MN. Enjoy every minute, every pasta dish and every local wine sample (Jason only of course!).
13th January 2009

WOW
Wow........How are you feeling about this move back? We will be excited to have you two back home. Love you and miss you.
14th January 2009

Yeah for me
I'm sure you're having mixed emotions about the move back. But, I'm personally thrilled b/c now our babies can hang out together. :)
26th January 2009

Yeah!
Can't wait to see you and plan a get together. This will be a lot of work take it easy Kristi and don't over do it. Let us know when you guys are settled in. Love you both Aunt Penny Uncle Steve and Pam too
29th January 2009

Welcome Home
We have so enjoyed your blog during your time in Italy, the pictures are wonderful and I can almost taste the food!!! I'm sure you have mixed emotions about your move back to Mn. Your memories are priceless. Looking forward to seeing the both of you , have a safe trip home. Love Aunt Sue.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb