Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
September 6th 2008
Published: September 8th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Venice


We started off the day nice and early and caught the boat into Venice. I was already sweating like crazy by the time we arrived there.

We went and saw a guy make a glass vase and a glass horse. It took him about 2 minutes to make both ofthem.
Then off to a lace making place which was pretty fucking boring. We then had a free day to do whatever we wanted.

I needed some sunglasses and Mecha knew of a place where you could get cheap branded ones. I thought id spoil myself and bought some for 85 Euro ($170 nz). This was the first thing ive bought for myself all tour. I look like a smooth pimp daddy wearing them and they dont give me headaches.

After that, we pretty much just walked around town look at souviners and admiring the city.
Stopped in for lunch and had an authentic Italian pasta for 10 Euro ($20), which sadly was totally average. The guy was funny as though. When we went to enter the resturant he turned teh sign around to "Closed" then when we were standing there looking all confused he opened up the door, smiled, laughed and said "Hullo, come in."

The temperature in Venice was crazy hot. One thing that has been bugging me about Europe is that you have to pay 50 euro cents ($1) to use the toilet in most places. Venice of course is ultra hot so you drink shitloads of water to cool yourself down then you have to pay to go for a squirt. Bastards.

Venice has shitloads of pigeons! They were crazy mother fuckers. They would hang out and shit everywhere and then fly at you like kamakazie pilots at high velocity. They were seriously like a gang of pigeons. About 300 pigeons flew at these girls from tour. I was real tempted to run at them, but there was always little kids trying to feed them. CATCH THE PIGEON!

At the end of the day we had our gondola ride. 6 per boat. The gondola boat felt like it was going to tip over the entire ride. Everytime I saw a local, I would say "BONJERNO!" Unfortunately I sat facing the back of the boat which was kinda annoying as I couldnt see what was infront ofus. The driver ofthe boat behind us was sining in Italian so I strarted singing to compete withhim. Unfortunately theres only so many time you can sing "Ole" before it becomes repetitive.

Thats Venice, wait for the photos!


Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Italian ToiletsItalian Toilets
Italian Toilets

You have to squat over them..


16th September 2008

ohhh you should be in venice when it rains! we took off our shoes and ran from san marco square to the other end where the ferry is from the floating venice to the mainland if that makes sense. it was like running in a shallow bath. the food in venice is shit. go to naples! vico enquense has the best food ever! its a small town south of naples on the coast and because its so small commercialism hasnt fucked everything up, but its still an mad tourist destination :D the chef at the main hotel there on the coast is like the greatest man to ever live. greatest pasta i have ever tasted in my life.

Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0567s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb