Venice Italy


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
August 1st 2008
Published: August 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

(All photos have been added to date.)
We arrived in Venice today around 2:00pm. First thing I noticed was that it was still hot. We stepped out of the train station and realized how beautiful this city is. The best thing was that Tourist information told us to take a WATER BUS to our hotel. How fun is that! You buy a ticket, line up at the dock and wait for your boat to appear. It was a great way to start seeing the city. We got lost momentarily enroute to our hotel but nothing serious. Yes, we are actually staying in a real hotel. We splurged in this city (actually, I booked it and told Sherrie after the fact). If Sherrie were in charge of accommodations, we would be staying in train stations.

After checking in, we headed out to explore, We decided to go through the St. Marco Basillica. It was free and looked really nice. As we entered, we were told (along with many others) that we had to buy a cover for our shoulders. Oops - the only day our shoulders were not covered and we tried to enter a Catholic church in Italy. So we donated 1 euro to the church.

We then toured the city, walking around for hours. Currently we are sitting in an Irish pub that conveniently had air conditioning and free internet for its customers.

I hope everyone in Canada has a great long weekend. We are heading to Rome tomorrow evening to spend some quality time with the Pope!

Steph


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Sherrie and the fruit cupSherrie and the fruit cup
Sherrie and the fruit cup

We found these great fruit cups for only 1 euro. Sherrie couldn't contain her excitement!


1st August 2008

Venice
Hi Sherrie, hope the travelling is going ok-I've been there!!!! You've got a nice view from the hotel! I'm off to Gatwick tomorrow, then Cuba Sun-I won't have a travel blog but hope to find face book on my travels!
2nd August 2008

Fanatastic pictures
Hi Girls! We have just seen the pictures and read the latest text! You are certainly packing in the culture and activities in true Amy style. Keep the blog coming we are living it all with you while we are doing hospital visiting. See you soon

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0224s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb