Venice


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Venice
October 23rd 2007
Published: October 23rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hey all, bear with me as this keyboard is crazy.

We are in Venice now, at a free internet place with the highest security ever...no bags, hand over passports etc...

Anyway, Venice is really nice, a bit dirty, and pigeons are EVERYWHERE. Hundreds of them. We all went on a gondola trip through the city which was cool. The guy 'driving' the boat tried to fake tip us over a few times which made the girls scream. That was awesome.

We still have a few hours to go till we leave, so might go grab a bite to eat.

I forgot to mention that in Barcelona I grabbed a really cool winter coat at a flash store...that barely fits in my suitcase...but we'll manage. I look foward to wearing it next year...

So, we havent mentioned Rome yet. It was amazing, the Collesseum was incredible, but then so was everything else. We spent the day with Kelly and Michael and just spent the whole day walking. We stopped a couple of times to check out some fake designer bags, Kelly was gonna buy one so we started bargaining with them, the guy started at 85 euro for two bags and by the end of it he was down to 40. We decided against it in the end and he practically chased us down the street he was so desperate for a sale, even grabbing Kelly and trying to pull her back - quite an experience!

We went to the Vatican, as it was Sunday we were hoping we would catch a glimpse of the Pope doing mass but he was in Naples. Much to our disappointment we couldn't see the Sistine Chapel either as it was closed - theres always next time though :-)

Tomorrow we drive over to Vienna - we've resorted to colouring in books to pass the time on the bus(although it makes Abbey a bit bus sick).

During yesterdays drive our tour manager did a quiz for us - we came second (a very distant second).

Jon and Abbey


Advertisement



Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0415s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb