Trieste to Chioggia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Veneto » Chioggia
July 16th 2018
Published: July 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Trieste to Chioggia


Rose has described going to Chioggia as her falling back in love with real Italy, not tourist Italy. Chioggia is touted as little Venice or the Venice without tourists. To our credit, we choose a wonderful apartment to base from and the owners provided us with the local knowledge to eat and relax well.

We happened to arrive during the start of a week long "festival of the sea" and this afforded us with live entertainment each night to accompany our dinner. The bonus of Chioggia was that you can't drive your car so we could both drink...not such a good recipe... the first night we found ourselves at a locals restaurant and drinking messa litro prosecco at €5 each was a recipe for disaster. After 2.5 liters of wine and a fab dinner, we stumble home and into our floating bed for the night. The next day was Sunday, and as such we decided to go to The Sands beach club for the day. As soon as we arrived, everyone knew we were different and it took only five minutes for the manager to have our attention. From then on we got whatever we needed, table for lunch (previously 30 minute wait), umbrella and 2 beach loungers (previously sold out). Scored... We had such a great day, we decided to delay your departure to Sirmione by a couple of hours and went back early for a sunbathe, swim and lunch.

For us this is going to be a must return place for more than 2 nights.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 14; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0558s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb