Chioggia to Sirmione


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lombardy » Sirmione
July 18th 2018
Published: July 21st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Chioggia to Sirmione


Sirmione saw us catching up with my cousin Ross and his lovely family, Laurie, Poppy, and Coco. To be far to them, it was our conversations with Laurie in June that prompted us to change our plans and come to Sirmione and meet them, this then provided the timing for Trieste, Slovenia, and Chioggia, three of the highlights for us in Italy to date. (No offence Clarke, you were also a highlight).

Sirmione was the Venice of the lake district and all about tourism. It was lovely, but crowded, the gelateriers opened until 1am as the tourists continued to consume everything like locusts. Restaurants were still nice, but twice the price of Chioggia.

As we only had one day with Ross and Laurie, we decided to hire a boat and take the kids for a tour of the lake, this made for a very special day for Rose and I, we spent quality time with the Petts, saw the lake from the boat, had a couple of swims, the water was a lot warmer than Como, and had a lovely lunch on the boat.

I could do this every day.... Thanks Sirmione boats and the Pett family.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 32; dbt: 0.0302s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb