Assisi/Torricella/Perugia


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria
June 10th 2008
Published: June 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Assisi

On Saturday our group went on a day trip to Assisi. Assisi is famous for St. Francis of Assisi and St. Clare. We took a two and a half hour bus ride there. We had a guided tour of the Basilica of St. Clare, and the Basilica of St. Francis. The churces were gorgeous inside and outside. We were also able to see both of their tombs. It was again very nice to have a guide to take us around and explain everything to us. My favorite part was at the exit of St. Francis' Basilica. There was this huge green lawn with the word 'PAX' written in bushes on it. 'Pax' means 'peace'.

Assisi itself was your typical gorgeous Italian hill town. Key word: HILL. We did lots of walking up and down these streets that were very steep. Of course the views were amazing though, and definitely worth it. After our guided tours in the morning we had lunch up at the very top of Assisi by roca maggiore. Our lunch was huge with about 5 courses. We definitely had to work to get there though!!! Of course, it provided beautiful views.

After this we had free time to walk around.

Magione/Torricello

We then took a train to Magione. Magione is a town also in Umbria right near Lake Trasimeno. We stayed in a hostel here for one night. As soon as we got there we went on a bike ride around the lake since the hostel had bikes we could use. It was so fun!!! I hadn't been on a bike in about 7 years...so it was interesting at first, but easy to remember. On our bike ride we ran into a gelato place and stopped for some gelato. While riding on the lake though we had to keep our mouth closed cause of all the bugs. Haha. We then went out onto this pier to watch the sunset over the lake, which was absolutely gorgeous!!!! Sooooo pretty. Took lots of pictures, and then afterwards we went to a restaurant right next to the pier. Here are some pictures. More words to come after class!!!







Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 31; dbt: 0.034s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb