Into the Wild (sort of)


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Umbria » Spoleto
March 1st 2008
Published: March 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Rome is over and now we're off to the country. Right now we are killing time in the Spoleto train station until our bus comes. We took the train from Rome this am--so far so good. I had booked us seats that were back to back by mistake but the train wasn't full so we just sat elsewhere. No problemo. Short trip of about an hour and a half. Squirrel just called our host and she said she would have lunch ready when we got there. Awesome! Meanwhile I haven't had my morning espresso (you should be proud, Joe, I'm drinking it like a real man now--no Americano for me, Italiano only!). A few more notes on Rome. Vatican Museum was a labryinth of tiny corridors followed by opulent halls, Sistine Chapel is Magnificent, we could not get to St. Pete's due to the long line, Borghesi Gallery instead and the Bernini statues were fantastic along with the fresco ceilings, more Gelato, more pasta, antipasto de Mare (of the sea)--excellent, Silverchin also would not have fit in the lift (not because he is big, though he is, but is was tiny), I don't get the whole Bidet thing, we pretty much mastered the walking areas of Rome in 3 days, the Pantheon was worth the trip, Metro was nice and very simple to use, we bought our first Lemoncillo (7 euro for half liter) which we sampled last night and we're taking to the farm, sort of like taking Scotch hiking. That's about it for now. Not sure if we'll be back in town during the next week so if you don't hear from us, no worries.
Moose
Here I am also. Not sure if/when we can send pics. Maybe one of the farm hosts or a wi-fi place will let us download some. Until then, use your imagination.
Ciao.
Squirrel



Advertisement



1st March 2008

Thanks for the updates
Sounds fantastic..looking forward to hearing more from the "country" :)
1st March 2008

Wish we were there
Sounds like you're having a wonderful time; wish we were there with you to explore the towns, take in the history, and enjoy the pasta, limoncello, gelato, and espresso - yum! I just returned from LA last night which was not nearly so interesting (but was ok). I look forward to hearing more and seeing pics!
1st March 2008

Viva Gelato!
As it's been said, when in Rome, do as those pesky Romans do. And apparently they (or their descendants) eat tons of gelato! Now wouldn't the world be a better place if we all ate some gelato every day? VIVA GELATO! P.S. Hail to the Mighty Silverchin, who could crush the tiny Italian lift in his bare hands!!!
5th March 2008

Tutti Italiano
Ciao Ya'll, Glad you survived Roma and now off to WOOF like good Tennesseeans! Glad you got to see the small collection of art that the Pope owns, and Parthanon. Enjoy the farmland of Umbria, and eat lots of porcetta and pasta!! Love, Moonbeam

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 63; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb