Viva Roma


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Lazio » Rome
February 28th 2008
Published: February 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Ciao. In Rome. Computer keys a bit different so excusi for mistakes. Day of arrival. Napped one hour after getting to hotel (okay, so we are old), but then went and walked "all over" according to Mooseo. We did the Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain, and a church (St. Maria I believe). Delicisio dinner and since Mooseo hates when I write about food, I'll tell you what we had. Antipasto was pruschetto (? spelling, ham), Jim had pasta carbonera and I had pasta something. Lots of wine, limoncello for dessert for me and an espresso for Jim (guess who had difficulty sleeping). Today we barely woke up in time for breakfast which ended at 9:30AM. Saw the colloseum and forum. And museums. Lots of really old stuff, but cool. Tonight we had more pasta and a seafood antipasto. And lots of wine. Then we walked around, came back here, and had more wine (hence the typing and grammatical errors. Another day tomorrow in Rome (Vatican City and St. Peters Basilica and Borghesie Gallery). And we will take the metro. We had gellato today. So yummy. Mark Palmer would be in gellato heaven. I had pistacchio gellato. It truly was heavenly. Rome reminds me a lot of NYC. More later.
Squirrel

24 hour trip to get here. Jet lag. Walking the city. Traffic, noise, scooters, crowded narrow sidewalks, languages from all over the world. Roma chaos but interesting. As usual, Squirrels grasp of history is awe-inspiring or maybe just awe-ful. That's why she brought me, to tell her about the Pax Romana and crack wise. We've done a lot in 2 days. Silverchin wouldn't fit in our shower. Gelato is awesome. It would be like crack to Palmer, he should probably never come here. I'm learning Italian. Capisco? American pop music rules the world. We ate to Dire Straights, Tina Turner, Billy Joel, Annie Lennox while our waiter played air guitar (he knew all the artists). Saturday we go to Spoleto and the country. Should be quite a contrast but a welcome one after the quick sink or swim intro to Rome, the New York City of Europe (or NYC is the Rome of America but with fewer Vespas). Anyway, we're great. Wish you were here but what can we say, you're not. Anyway take care.
Moose

Okay, what can I say. I like to have the last word. First a Gratzie Mille to PA who took good care of us yesterday and got us to MARTA to go to the airport. Second, thanks to Laura B for babysitting the care, and Third thanks to Silverchin for house and cat sitting. And fourth, I do so know some history. I like took Western Civ and stuff in college. Thats it for now.
Squirrel again


Advertisement



28th February 2008

Keep your eyes peeled
The Continental wants you for his next meal.
29th February 2008

Could you do a little more
Sounds great can't wait to see pictures. Reading what you have done reminds me of an Alan and Joe vacation non stop take it all in. I'm jealous but so glad that your getting to do this Miss you!!!! Joe

Tot: 0.145s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0724s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb