Pizza Pizza!


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Siena
October 12th 2005
Published: October 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Il TorreIl TorreIl Torre

The Tower in Piazza Il Campo that towers too high to really understand.
ILL ADD MORE PICS TOMORROW, FRIENDS.

Wow. I've finally made it back to Italy. It has been two years since I studied in this fine country and now I have the opportunity to see someplace new.

Siena is a really cool town, with skinny and narrow (synonyms, i know) streets made up of buildings that seem too old to count. In the center of town is the enormously wide-open Piazza Il Campo. Front and Center of the Piazza is a giant boner of a tower too tall to easily focus ones vision on, because looking up at it one also see the pure blue skies and some wispy clouds which make it hard to focus on.

I have been stayin here with a friend from Davis named James and I've been hanging out with him and Tyler Block, Jeremy's little brother. Jeremy actually came to Siena to visit him this week, so we've all been hanging out, enjoying the late night bars, eating too much pizza (I think I'll have a kebab tonight), and just living it up.

Sweet bar in town called the (get this) Bella Vista Social Pub, and every time I walk in there,
Enjoying our Beers in the CountrysideEnjoying our Beers in the CountrysideEnjoying our Beers in the Countryside

Tyler Block and myself enjoying beers at the Italian Hot Springs.
I start singing the music of the Buena Vista Social Club (Cuando Juanica y.... CHAN CHAN). The bar is stacked with bottles of "Havana Club" rum, and they make the best Mojito's one can imagine. They start by pouring one shot of rum, add pure sugar and mash it up with a pestle (or is it the mortar) then add ice and shake in a tumbler. They then add lime and mint, fresh mint, and more clear rum. They shake in a tumbler again. They lastly add a little soda, and reshake. Pour. Enjoy. Reorder. Enjoy.

I managed to make my way on the bus with Tyler, James, and 40 other UC students to Arezzo, a nearby Tuscan town. A few churches were visited, a cathedral (I'm still not sure of the difference between church and cathedral), and we left the town. Part of their trip included visiting and enjoying the local hot springs. (Poor kids with their difficult schoolwork) I still smell of sulfur, two days later, peeyoo.

Well, picture time.

Gadi


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

A normal italian sceneA normal italian scene
A normal italian scene

Motorini line the streets late at night outside a bar.
Beautiful Italian HorizonBeautiful Italian Horizon
Beautiful Italian Horizon

The Train Station in Empoli
Fresh Fruit equals rainbow of joyFresh Fruit equals rainbow of joy
Fresh Fruit equals rainbow of joy

French Market outside London. Good Bread Cheese Fruit Spices Cakes. Wow


12th October 2005

that train station pic is wicked beautiful
12th October 2005

ı thınk a cathedral ıs ın the shape of a cross and usually has some tall spıars/....Turkey Rocks...when are you in israel? cuz we migth have to go through israel on our way to egypt
13th October 2005

ahhh italy...
I cannot believe you made it back to italy... plan on visiting roma as well?? It would be a shame if you didnt go back and visit Marcella at the local brew. You sound great... Your hair is LONG. Come over to thailand next month and play with me... come on!!
14th October 2005

Benvenito in Italie.
Glad you're back in the old country of studies and you're having a blast. Enjoy speaking Italian before switching over to Ivrit (Hebrew) when you come to Israel in a few weeks. Love you.
14th October 2005

Aah, the good life
Sipping cold been in the warm Italian sun. Such a good life, chods.
15th October 2005

wow
wow. that was like looking at pictures of your house that someone else sent. gadi, that's my city there. did you hit up Barono Rossi? It's a good bar too. glad you got to see bella vista. wish i coulda been there to show you around. FYI the tower's made tall enough to see any enemy coming toward the city. did you climb it? cus they rip you off! i'm so jealous...
16th October 2005

Marglar.
You and Adam have must have some enchanted sickness; you, sirs, have balls in launching yourselves around the world. Cabala's very fascinating - its holistic gestalt shares much with the Jungian collective unconscious... it's cool stuff. Have you tried any of the rituals? have a fun and safe journey!
16th October 2005

You're the man now, Dogg.
Well, Sire Rachelson. You continue to impress me with the wit of your writing as well as the chillnocitude of your travels. It's a shame that I can't be there to enjoy the fruits of the vine with you. But I'll implore our old buddy Dionasis (I think I spelled his name wrong, however) to let us drink from the same bottle again one day... The other day I by chance turned up in Tokyo and found on this bookshelf a Kar-e-o-ke book of some Beetles songs, in both Engrish and Japanese. I did not, however, visit the John Lennon museum, which is apparently all Yoko-ed out. Well, good man, take care and let thy locks fly with the wind. Pace.
18th October 2005

miss you dude.... and choking with you
19th October 2005

I enjoy following your adventure.Any ping pong tables in Italy????
20th October 2005

Cathedrals & Churches
A Cathedral is the main church of any important city in Europe. There can only be one in a city. Instead of just a priest there's a bishop. But probably the main difference is that the pope himself must bless it in person in a ceremony called 'consagracion' after which the place becomes sacred for chistianity. Madrid's cathedral is the 20th century only cathedral. And though cross shaped (like most churches) there are no spires.
7th November 2005

Bella Vista!
Gadi, Trip out. I was in the Bella vista the other night, and I was talking to Toto. I guess he was surfing travelblogs or something, but he came accross our picture and recognized us. How funny is that. why he was surfing on this site, I have no idea. Maybe some weird hobby he has. He doesnt speak any english. Anyways man, if you get this, shoot me an email and let me knwo whats up. Hope you're having a good time. And dont forget pass times are soon! Oh yeah, and your little Sweedish girlfriend is gone!! :( I dont know why. But they hired an equally impressive Italian girl to handle our Mojitos...Wow, wish you could meet her. Cheers man! Blockino

Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 33; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb