ATTACK! of the pine needles - Return of the coastline


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » San Vincenzo
August 6th 2006
Published: August 6th 2006
Edit Blog Post

The CoffinThe CoffinThe Coffin

Me and Laura have named the tent the coffin because it pretty much feels like that when you sleep in it. This is the strange campsite with no-one around.
After the beautiful Florence we decided to head down to a coastline town (too many big amazing buildings can make your head forget what is actually amazing)

We decided to camp at another Plus! camping place (like the one we stayed in, in Florence) We got up nice and early and caught a train to San Vincenzo, we managed to have our first cups of tea since England (because the weather has calmed down and it just seems right).. they were delicious.

When the train hit the coastline it was just seemed like the train was travelling over the water. Almost like a jesus train or something.

When we got to San Vincenzo we walked around for a while trying to find out how to get to the camping spot (when you have your backpacks on you become desperate for any kind of transport) After realising that the buses came every 3 hours we decided to grab a taxi.. (20 euros wiped out like that)

The campsite was basically in the middle of know-where and as we approached we saw a dusty plain with a few tents and pretty much nothing else.
(the weather was also clouding
Atleast it's really is pretty in San VincenzoAtleast it's really is pretty in San VincenzoAtleast it's really is pretty in San Vincenzo

Although it was a random visit i'm glad we went and experienced the San Vincenzo atmosphere.
over at this point)
We checked in and found a spot to pitch up our tent, a lovely German family lent us their hammer! Thankyou Germans!
The wind was begginning to pick up and sand was blowing into our eyes so we went for cover in the campsites restaurant (which is under a forest of massive Pine Trees)
They had no room inside so we had to sit outside..
The wind began to really really pick up.
Tablecloths were flying, the trees were swaying and the pine needles were falling.
The whole campsite was covered in these pine needles and i have to say if they hit you in the face, it wasn't all that pleasant. However me and Laura found great amusement in it all.
Especially the fact that they had a jazz band playing outside at the time..
The trumpet player looked like he was playing in the middle of the ocean with his balding hair sweeping back. (if he was playing a tuba he would have been Harold Bishop)

We shared a pizza and laughed at the other campers and the staff. One boy in particular who called himself "the animator" was quite a strange one.
return of the big blue seareturn of the big blue seareturn of the big blue sea

its nice to lay our eyes back on the big blue sheet and hear the sound of the waves.
I think he was hired especially to be over excited and try to entertain the rest of the campsite by jiggling his chubby belly around. (we think the managing staff fed him coke and e-numbers in the mornings)
All in all it was a strange strange place.

That night we fell asleep the Dashboard Confessional and The Mercury Program to block out the noise of the wind (even though sand was coming into our tent even with all the zips zipped right up, we woke up to sandy hair and faces)

The morning was still and we woke to a blue sky and the sun.
After another cup of tea we went straight to the beach and spent the day sleeping and reading... it was a good rest from the cities.

We made a plan to go the next morning and travel to Venice.. which is where we are now.
Another update soon..
Venice is awesome so far (the very little we have seen of it). You step outside of the train station and theres water bloomin' everywhere!
We think we will leave this evening though and return after Croatia..
We may be going to Austria! who knows!?

Advertisement



6th August 2006

cant believe how much your moving around, popping here and there - i just didnt think it was that easy! im laughin out loud at your blogs, please keep it up-entertaining us while u live it up! love you guys xxx
6th August 2006

Spontaneous...
How great is it to have the freedom to be able to say, ooo i think I may go to Austria tomorrow...such a wonderful feeling :) I've really enjoyed reading your blogs and cant wait to meet up when we're all back in woodham to share our travelling tales! take care Lucy -x-
6th August 2006

You can't beat a sea view. Downside is the sand in every orifice. Nasty. Have fun wherever you pitch up next.
6th August 2006

english tea! (yes) but why the learner symbol?
oh girls, your trip looks better and better and better, i wish i was out their travelling! NOW, but instead im working 5 days aweek... argh. croatia is goin to be amazing, try and go sailing! do it and you'll love it! well.. have a blooming marvellous next few weeks and ill catch up again! miss you.x
8th August 2006

Give our love to Croatia
Lerve all the photos - hope you've got all the pine needles out of your knickers by now. Baryn enjoying his holiday - Tess is officially an OAP now, has got her bus pass and will be making FULL use of it! Please give our best love to Croatia - enjoy Split and Dubrovnik. Cavtat is our favourite small resort - short bus ride from Dubrovnik and not so touristy! Carry on enjoying everything. Lots of love T and B xxx
9th August 2006

Yahoo!
Wohoo finally worked out how to add comments... Oh my gosh, im so jealous of you two! Travelling around like crazy kids. I hope i get to do it one year, looks like lots of fun :-)

Tot: 0.1s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0413s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb