Tuscany - Day 2


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » San Gimignano
November 21st 2010
Published: November 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: San Gimignano 21 secs
Went for a drive this day. Was the best thing as it rained a lot. A bit more challenging driving on country roads and I stalled a few times when having to take-off on an incline. The parking brake is a button, not a handle, which takes a bit of getting used to, especially when you want to move off quickly to get out of the way of impatient Italians (slowly learning not to care).

First stop was a town called Voltarre. Eileen decided she and Daniel would go to a Museum of Torture, and that I should take the girls to a Etruscan Museum. Boy did we get draw the wrong straw. I can safely say that that was the most boring museum I have ever visited - and the girls whole heartedly agree. Sorry to say but that has ended our interest in Ancient Italy for a while. Of course Eileen and Daniel came back beaming with wonderful tales of torture. Great lunch time chat material.

After a lovely lunch in Voltarre we headed off the San Gimignano. It lived up the expectations and we enjoyed exploring with patches of fog providing an eerie atmosphere. A great community feel as we hung around a square, sipping red wine and eating baked chestnuts sold by a fund raiser.

I should note that Daniel has picked up some good scavenging skills from his Uncle Pete and has been collecting coins from the cracks in the pavement. Note sure he is seeing the sights with his head down all the time, and he stares mischievously at any well or fountain where people throw in coins.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



27th November 2010

Siena - Day 2
WOW! What more can I say!

Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb