Pisa to the sea


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Pisa
July 4th 2007
Published: July 4th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Another early one Pisa to get to for the Tourist Shot of the Leaning Tower, beautiful sight, Market stalls lined up all the way to the tower selling all the faux designer items, from Sunglasses, bags, watches etc, we heard and saw one watch seller selling faux Omegas, Rolex offering a “25” year guarantee!!! Plenty of tourist taking the touristy of photos (attached for you). Great sight to see. Continuing on we head to Montalto di Castro , to a camp site called Pionier etrusco. Before I forget the Italians drivers are as “mad as tripe” we were given a few unwelcome hand signals by passing drivers, and if that’s not bad enough you have to negotiate the insane scooter drivers that seem to have a rule unto themselves and most of the time playing Russian Roulette one we came across didn’t win that day as we were held up for ¾ hour as an accident had happened further up the road. As we continued I saw on the side of the road just the normal road in which we were travelling, they were “women of the night “sitting beneath trees at regular intervals not dressed in much, you could imagine my surprise it seemed really weird spose it puts another meaning to the word “lay-by” (rest area for you New Zealanders). You may now be wondering if we are deliberately finding Nudist Beaches and “woman of the night/Day, but I can ensure you there are not in our guides. Finding our campsite what a pearla , we are currently nestled in a plantation of Pine Tress and yes the Med is still within my reach only 5min walk away. We are staying put of a day or so as we have covered a few miles in the last couple of days.
Fallen in Love with a little Bambino, a group of young kids had set up a bike race around the campsite they were about 6-8 years old plus the little Bambin who I am guessing to be 3-4 was always 5mins behind, we happened to be situated on the race course and each time the wee one came round we urged him on and he got his little feet peddling on his bob the builder bike. One time he didn’t make it round , and we could tell from the bedlam that he was lost , about 10 people and us (we were much help as our Italian it not good) started looking for him , but not drama he turned up 5mins later happy as Larry , probably just took a wrong turn.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.392s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0504s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb