Montepuciano


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Monticiano
May 27th 2012
Published: June 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

MontepulcianoMontepulcianoMontepulciano

Walled medieval hilltop town in Tuscany (Toscana)
Sunday 27 May

Montepulchiano

This morning I just lazed around my apartment reading and enjoying breakfast and the village views from my window. This afternoon I wandered around all the lovely shops just soaking up the atmosphere of this charming village. The streets here are very narrow and also very steep. I think the local people here must be very fit and have very strong legs.

Montepulciano is a walled medieval village with cobblestone -streets and buildings with small windows with either bars or shutters. Some have beautiful window boxes with red geraniums or colourful petunias. Others have fabulous roses growing around their doorways.

Being a walled village means it isn’t possible to drive through the streets without special permits and then you can only do so at certain hours. Most cars are required to park outside the walls. It isn’t a large town… I would say just a kilometre long by half a kilometre wide and these streets are lined with interesting shops, wine tasting bars, restaurants and cafés, so walking is very pleasant and not too strenuous if you take it slowly. But if your legs get tired you can always hop on the minibus that does the circuit around and through the village about every 20 minutes.

Sunday evening at 7pm I attended the meet and greet organised by the language school IL SASSO. This was a good opportunity to meet with other students beginning lessons tomorrow.

I grabbed a quick bowl of pasta at a near bye café then headed home to bed so as to be fresh for my first day at school tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb