TUSCANY


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Montepulciano
June 7th 2008
Published: June 7th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well, after 3 flights, one train journey and one car hire, we made it to Torrita di Siena just south of Siena where we are staying. Tuscany is everything you imagine from the films and pictures you see of it.

We have been visiting the beautiful fortress towns around this area such as Montepulciano, Pienza, Montalcino etc. They are stunning walled towns with cobbled streets with shuttered windows and flower pots everywhere.

Our laptop is not working here so I am doing this from an internet cafe so will try to upload some photos next time.

Residenza de Arte where we are staying is incredible to say the least, we have very expensive art pieces covered over every space of wall. One of the owners is a well know artist/sculpturer and have adorned the place with her art and sculptures.

Geoff is coping very well with the driving, thank God we picked up the car in a quieter area. It has also been very quiet around all the tourist spots, we picked a good time to come, although pretty cold at nights still.

Well, thats it for today, sorry I dont have any photos to share, hopefully soon.
Arrivederci...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb