Tuscan countryside


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Montepulciano
October 31st 2007
Published: October 31st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Day 10

Wow did we sleep like babies last night.Finally got up and had a short walk through town to find the internet, but closed. It was off to discover the tuscan countryside. At the bottom of the hill going out of Montepulciano we ran across a 500 yr old church called Santa Maria ( an abbey) was was quite not complete. It was still a beautiful sight. We went to bagno de vignori and searched around and on ward to San Quirco and found a very old and rundown Rocca (fortress) It was quite unnerving as the rules for safety a quite a bit different here than at home. Once we got to the top there was great view of the valley. The stairs were an open fire escape style that went straight up. Everyone had fun at my expense. Down thew ladder and off to Piensa for dinner. When we got to Piensa we wandered the town for 2 hours and watched the girls shop, and shop they did. We also got to see the town,s annual Pecerino cheese throwing contest. I think every local was there, smoking drinking and having a good old time. We then went to a restaurant called La Bucca De Fatte.The food was pretty good (didnt like getting charged 8euro for 1 slice of bread) and the service was slow once we had our meal. Bonnie got us back to our aapartment in the dark and time to wind down a another day. Long day tomoroow as we are to Banfi for lunch.

Wine count at 24



Advertisement



Tot: 0.335s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb