Eze, Pisa, Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
September 4th 2016
Published: September 14th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Off today to Italy. Nice is a lovely place to come back to.

We passed the promenade where the bomb went off on 14th July, Bastille Day by "that radical Islamist Arsehole" killing a heap of people. There were flowers and memorials both sides of the road.
Stopped at a perfume factory, well that was fatal. 323euro later, oh yeah. I have to say tho, this will last years because the perfume is not in glass bottles. And most important, the perfumes and creams are all natural, they don't use any chemicals. I got oils, creams and perfume. (I got one for Warren too :-D )

We are getting the hang of the lingo switching from French to Spanish and back to French again can be challenging, but our guide is good with that.

There is no tax for Monaco nationals and very little tax for everyone else. I could live here.

On our way to Italy - the views are spectacular and lots of tunnels. The entire road is tunnel, bridge, tunnel, bridge - they all go over huge ravines and valleys full of villages and towns. Definitely don't want to snooze on this drive, so much to see.

We have had, Porsche, Lamborgini and Ferrari go racing by on a regular occurrence. The Italians sure know how to build roads, they don't go over hills, they go thru them - every single one.

Arrived in Pisa and navigated thru markets to the Square off Miracles. Turn the corner and there is the Leaning Tower of Pisa tucked in behind a huge Cathedral. It was a real wow factor as pictures just don't do it, you gotta be there. It is beautiful.

Next back on the road again traveling thru Tuscany to Florence for the night.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0461s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb