Day 30


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 17th 2015
Published: June 18th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Another easy day with no plans.

Late start and we stroll the streets and laneways, trying to find places we haven't seen.

We find an artistic impression of feeding the world, with spoons stuck to the side of a wall and big spoon monuments.

We also head back to the square with all the marble statues just to get photos for the blog.

The replica of Michael Angelo's statue of David is there and a few other work of arts.

We named it "Penis Square" as all the gruesome statues of medusa cutting heads off and others clubbing each other all have no clothes on?

I have no idea why these carvings were done like this, but it looks like a typical Saturday night at Angelo's house.

We stumble across a tiny sandwich shop and see the queues of people waiting on both sides.

We join the queue and wait a good 20 minutes to be served. It reminds us of Furgburgers in New Zealand, as people are sitting around everywhere eating these foccacias.

The sandwich is like no other, with the freshest meat, salads and toppings all worth the wait.

Later that day I google the sandwhich shop and learn the power of the Internet is making these famous little shops even more popular as people are adding it to their must see list.

It is a real snowball effect and is a real lesson in how you could go from ordinary to famous with the use of the Internet.

Also took a pic of a building renovation, as all the renovations have external pictures blocking the works behind the facade.

Worth a mention that Tuscany is also the birth place of the writer who invented the story of Pinocchio, and you see signs of this through out the city.

As this is our last day here, Michelle gets her leather jacket as her momento


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0343s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb