Another Day in Florence


Advertisement
Italy's flag
Europe » Italy » Tuscany » Florence
June 22nd 2014
Published: June 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

Dinner in FlorenceDinner in FlorenceDinner in Florence

Pouring the wine
Another day in Florence is another day in Paradise.

Dinner the night before was an awesome meal. Food before was not great, not what I expected, but it was food. Now we had real vegetables, and great red wine! It was in a little restaurant off of a square, but there are plazas everywhere. This plaza is the location of the church where Michelangelo is buried. Dinner was sautéed veges with chicken. The restaurant had made tiramisu for the group but for me they made Panna Cotta with a berry sauce, it was to die for!!!!

We finally had a free day, like from the time we arrived back at the Duomo area until we had to leave at 1:30pm. Some went shopping, some ran from 1 site to the other, some sat and absorbed the Italian life. One friend Terry, spent her time sampling gelato and other Italian delights. Sunny and I went to a couple of shops for some emergency clothes, got some undies from Italy too! The shops were close by, so we could hurry with that.

From the shops we walked past the Duomo and on to the Leonardo Di Vinci museum. It was
A Real DinnerA Real DinnerA Real Dinner

Florence dinner with real Italian wine
not what I expected at all but such fun. It is a small museum that contains drawings and by the drawings are the items made out of wood. Some are things that you can touch and work. So, for example, his drawing of the helicopter is there with a made up model. Models for his parachute, water wheel, mud boats and lots of other things are there. Also interesting is a small room, maybe 10 sides (I don’t remember exactly and haven’t looked it up) that has a mirrored door. So you go into the room and shut the door, stand in the middle and see a vast number of reflections.

The museum didn’t take a real long time so we had time to find lunch. A friend had sent a link to a restaurant that she’d gone to and recommended by Rick Steves. We found the street but couldn’t find the restaurant for anything. Because it was getting close to 12 noon and we had to walk to the other side of the Duomo to meet the group, we ate close by the recommended place. I had wonderful seafood pasta and Sunny had a 4 cheese pizza. We
Panna Cotta for mePanna Cotta for mePanna Cotta for me

Panna Cotta made for me
could see the large oven where the pizzas were being cooked. A glass of red wine helped take the aches away as I was the only one to push the wheelchair.

Now off to Rome.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.068s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0508s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb